1. Love yourself like you would love others
Treat yourself in the same way as you would treat someone you care about and love. For example, if you talk positively to others, you should also talk positively to yourself. If you only feed your children with healthy food, then you should also feed yourself with healthy food. If you spend time with your loved ones, then you should also want to spend alone time with yourself. Spending personal time is important because it gives you the opportunity to learn more about yourself. In addition, by the end of the day, it is you whom you must deal with, so make sure you care and love yourself.
2. You deserve the best Loving yourself means giving yourself the best. Set high expectations for your goals because you deserve the best, and nothing less. Do not believe that you do not deserve or cannot achieve certain things. In every area of your life such as your career, relationships, and health, make sure you have high expectations and willing to work toward them. As you are taking action towards those high expectations, you will start to believe that you are worthy of achieving them. You will believe in yourself that you can achieve anything that will promote self-love and self-respect. Also, achieving great things require self-discipline and motivation, which require self-care.
3. Daily self-improvement Loving yourself means taking good care of yourself. As a human being, you are a living thing, you either grow or die. You must improve yourself daily as you would water the tree daily to keep it alive. The more you improve and grow yourself the better you will feel good about yourself the higher your self-love level. The 3 areas you can start improving yourself on are your body, mind, and spirit. For your body, improve your healthy habits by eating one more serving of vegetable, drinking one more cup of water, or exercising for 5 more minutes daily. For your mind, read a book weekly or monthly to improve your self-esteem or self-confidence or read 3 more pages of a book, watch a video, or listen to an audio to improve yourself. For your spirit, learn to forgive yours and other mistakes. Learn how to discover and use your strengths and talents to help yourself and others. Learn how to appreciate the small things in life. Engage into smalls act of kindnesses. There are countless of ways on how you can improve your body, mind, and spirit daily. When your body is healthy, your body will feel good, and then you will feel good. When your mind is healthy, your mind will feel good, and then you will feel good. When your spirit is healthy, your spirit will feel good, and then you will feel good.
4. Learn from your mistakes
The best way to feel better about your mistakes is to learn from them. For example, discover the reasons why you made the mistake. And then, develop a plan on how you can better approach the same situation in the future. When you have an improved plan, you will start to feel better about yourself. Or, if you found out that you lack certain knowledge and skills, then take the action step to learn the knowledge and skills so you can better respond in the future. When you have new knowledge, skill, and a plan to respond to the same situation, you will feel better because you are ready.
5. Appreciate your negative qualities.
Learn to appreciate your negative qualities. Otherwise, they will make you feel bad about yourself. See what you can do to manage your negative qualities so they do not control you. Learn how to be aware and mindful of your negative qualities so they will not affect others in a negative way.
Also remember that there is a positive side to everything. Even if you considered your qualities as negatives, there are a positive side to them. The positive side of the quality might not be as strong as the negative, but it is still there. Take some time to see how you can use your negative qualities in a positive way. The more you can see and use that quality in a positive way, even though the negative is stronger, you can still appreciate and love yourself despite the stronger negative side.
6. Caring and loving yourself is not a selfish thing
You must develop the mindset that caring and loving yourself is not a selfish thing. Otherwise, you will always feel bad when you take the time to self-care and self-love. In life, if you do not care for yourself, then who will? Yes, it is important to care for others, but do not neglect yourself. If you love yourself then you must care for yourself. Love requires taking action to care for yourself. In addition, if you want to care for others successfully, self-care is important. When you lack self-care, you can feel tired and unmotivated to take care of your loved ones successfully. Always remember that caring for yourself is caring for others.