1. People who do not believe in dreams: People who do not believe in your dreams is because they believe that you cannot become successful. They should be avoided at all costs, especially when you first start out. In the beginning, it can be difficult to have a clear road map to fulfilling your dream, and it can be difficult for you to stay focus to move forward when you hit roadblocks and challenges. And that is why it is important to be around people who believe in you so they can motivate and encourage to keep on moving to help you see and develop a clearer path to realize your dream. It is only when you keep on trying and moving forward, then you can start to see your roadmap clearer. When you are around people who do not believe in you, their negative energy will drain your energy and motivation out that will make it very difficult for you to move forward.
2. People who make excuses: People who make excuses will always find a reason why you should not follow your dream. Every time you shared something with them, they will come up with a reason or excuse on why you should not follow through with your dream. Every time you face a challenge or obstacle, they will use that challenge or obstacle as a reason or excuse on why you should not continue or move forward with your dreams. Every time you have a great idea, they will most likely will come up with a reason or excuse that it might not become successful. People who make excuses will always have a reason on why you should not do something. They find a problem in everything. Instead, you should be around people who always try to help you find a solution to overcome the challenge or obstacle so you can move forward. It does not matter what kind dream you have, you will be faced with challenges and obstacles, if not big, then small. The great thing is that there will always be a solution to solve your problem successful. They will give you hope that no matter what you are going through, you will always have the ability to overcome it by helping you see that there is a solution to help you overcome your challenge and obstacle. Turning your dream into a reality will not be an easy path, you will face failure, setback, and obstacle. But encountering failure, setback, and obstacle do not mean you cannot become successful. In this case, you need to be around people who help you overcome those difficulties, not pull you back every time you encounter them.
5 Types of Negative People to Avoid
3. People who try to compete with you: Avoid people who try to compete with you that they can do and be better than you. When you are around people who try to compete with you, they are influencing you to try to compete back with them. When you compete with others, your energy and focus is on others, not on you. You will be doing things to impress and compete with them, not doing things to develop you and your dreams. However, to fulfill your dreams, it requires 100% focus and attention in developing yourself and your dream. When your time and energy are on others, you have less time and energy to focus on developing yourself and your dreams. As a result, it will take a very long time to turn your dream into reality. You cannot lose focus on developing you and your dream.
4. People who limit your ability: Avoid people who believe that you can only become successful in certain things. When you are at the beginning stage of trying to discover your strengths, talents, and passion, do not be around people who limit your ability and potential such as giving you advice to only go into certain fields. To discover your dreams, you must have an open mind that anything could be your dream. Sometimes you might have an uncommon strength or passion that is completely different from others that could be your dream. To discover that unique strength, you must have an open mind to try out different things. But if you are influenced to believe that you can only become successful in certain things, then you would be less likely to try out different things that might be a better fit for you. You want to make sure to be around people to help you see that anything could be possible for you. Be around people who help you see that you have unlimited possibilities and opportunities, and not be limited to certain things or paths.
5. People who try to change you: Avoid people who try to change you. There is a difference between trying to improve and changing you. People who try to change you, they will try to influence you to do things that fits into their lifestyle. They would try to control your behaviors on what you should be doing. However, people who try to improve you, they would give you advice on how to do something to become better, but give you the flexibility to do it in your own way, term, and lifestyle. The more you try to fit in other people lifestyle, the less time you would have to stay focus on creating and living your life and dreams. Avoid people that try to influence you to do things their ways and time frames.